If you have any questions for Mrs Stepford, please contact me, but until then, here are a 100 little fun and silly facts about me.
1. I am addicted to buying kitchen items and am always on the look-out for the latest gadgets and utensils.
2. My favourite flowers are daffodils – I especially love the small scented white ones. Daffodils remind me of Spring.
3. Spring is my favourite season; I love the fresh bright mornings and clear blue skies. Not to mention all the baby animals, the soft spot for spring however is the fact that despite it being mild weather and sometimes warm enough for a dress, my hay fever is non-existent!
4. I am obsessed with beauty products – hair products, skin products, and make-up – and am always buying it. I am a huge sucker for mascara.
5. I cannot leave the house without mascara. I don’t remember the last time I did, and I reckon I will be wearing it on my death bed, if I get my way.
6. I am afraid of large spiders, open heights and deep water. Who isn’t?
7. I have had a million jobs, and never really lasted long at any of them, I think I have an issue with authority and being told what to do, my parents would testify to that.
8. My Mother looked at me on the day I was born and said she thought I’d grow up to be a writer, and said my brother would be good with sciences, she wasn’t wrong.
9. I am in a mad passionate love affair with Monsieur Sauvignon Blanc, but sometime cheat with Mr. Merlot.
10. My Amazon wish list has almost 1000 books on it, I am a sponge for information and books make my heart flutter.
11. I have a tendency to over exaggerate.
12. My biggest fear is never having my own children.
13. I’m really good at shrinking my fiancés jumpers.
14. I can’t swim on top of water. Backstroke and underwater is ok, but my brain and body just don’t engage in front crawl.
15. If I had to live in just one type of outfit for the rest of my life it would be dresses, but I don’t wear enough of them on a daily basis. I live in jeans, and that can get a little depressing.
16. I really try hard to keep my Danish family traditions alive, including dancing around the Christmas tree.
17. I am an optimist which sometimes makes me a little unrealistic in my expectations.
18. I reckon I still have a chance with Gary Barlow and Michael Buble – despite us all being spoken for.
19. Sunday evenings make me miserable with the dread of Monday morning rolling around.
20. 90% percent of my shoe collection is white, cream or brightly colored – highly practical.
21. I hate having anyone’s feet on or near me apart from my fiancés.
22. I have a strange fascination with imitation food and food miniatures. I could look at them for hours.
23. I learned to work the VHS recorder at the age of 3 and would watch, rewind and replay Dirty Dancing all day, every day.
24. Patrick Swayze was my first love.
25. I loved my High School Art Teacher to bits, she was a really inspiring person and I still miss her classes.
26. My favourite childhood story was and still is Charlotte’s Web.
27. I would happily watch Friends re-runs all day without ever getting bored.
28. I found God and spirituality despite having a hugely vocal Atheist family.
29. I am a very impatient person.
30. I absolutely love to eat tomatoes and like to eat them like apples.
31. Oprah will always be my hero.
32. I have a really unhealthy addiction to QVC. I sometimes put it on in the background when doing housework. I like the ad lib chatter of the presenters, it makes me feel as if I have company.
33. I have never had a diary or a planner, perhaps it is the authority it tries to have over me.
34. I would like to collect ACEO art but my fiancé would think it a little silly – I like small things.
35. I like change and constantly move things around in the home for a fresh look or way of organizing, and to wind up my fiancé when he can’t find anything.
36. I have big feet, size UK8 – EUR 41 – US10. I wish they’d invent cosmetic surgery for feet. A toe-tuck anyone?
37. I can’t click my fingers.
38. Paris was the first trip abroad for my fiancé and I and he took me to The Ritz for cocktails – I cried when I saw the revolving door Diana walked through before she died.
39. I like making lists.
40. I am fascinated by nature and animals. I wished as a child that David Attenborough was my Grandfather.
41. I love cats, I got my first cat at the age of 6 and he lived til he was 20 years old. I miss him every day.
42. I have never been very good at sharing ‘things’, but am a great over-sharer.
43. I cannot wear sweat pants in public because I feel like it will appear that I have given up on life.
44. My biggest regret in life is cutting my hair off, twice.
45. I never regret anything (apart from my hair), because there is always a lesson I have learnt. Even from the tough stuff.
46. I feel sick when I hear and see people who chew food with their mouths open.
47. Gum chewing is the root of all evil – see #46.
48. I dream of one day owning my own independent children’s book store.
49. I am a huge Barbara Streisand fan.
50. I know all the words to Doris Day songs. I blame my Mother.
51. I trained at Beauty School when I left high school, just so I could learn how to do the treatments on myself.
52. My favourite soft drink is Elderflower Presse and I love Eggs Benedict. Together, they make the perfect breakfast. Yum.
53. I have terrible handwriting.
54. I think the world would be a better place if everyone thought positively about life.
55. I never go out on New Year’s Eve.
56. I love wearing colors that clash and am never matchy-matchy. It drives my Mother nuts.
57. Christmas shopping stresses me out; I have a family that are hard to buy for.
58. I think being late is inconsiderate and rude. I get anxious about being late myself.
59. I forget birthdays more than I should.
60. I love olives.
61. I am big on manners and etiquette.
62. I adore Martha Stewart.
63. I am a secret Royalist, and love William & Kate.
64. I believe in Angels.
65. I wish I knew how to operate a sewing machine to make my Gran proud.
66. I refer to myself as a girl, it sounds funny to call myself a woman. I think I will be a girl well into my 90’s.
67. I believe in retail therapy.
68. I think confidence and kindness is what makes a woman sexy.
69. I am 20 years older than my youngest sibling.
70. If I am ever upset, I head to my nearest book store. They are calming treasure troves full of magic.
71. The Little Mermaid is my favourite Disney movie.
72. I’ve always loved Mermaids and had to have ‘everything mermaids’ as a little girl.
73. I am most definitely a cat person. Dogs smell too much and I am not to keen on picking up poop.
74. I love taking pictures, and wish I was better at it.
75. My favorite time of the year is Easter – it reminds me of the good times of my childhood.
76. My favourite childhood holidays were spent camping with my Grandparents.
77. I have secret crushes on John Travolta, Tom Selleck and Liam Neeson.
78. I am impulsive and frivolous, but rarely have buyer’s regret.
79. I grew up in a one-parent household, my Mother did it all and I will always admire her.
80. I have more of a savoury tooth than a sweet one.
81. Between coloring and highlighting, I haven’t seen my natural hair color since I was 12. I can’t even remember what it is; I have a vague idea that it might be dark blond?
82. I hope to have at least 2 children and am looking forward to being a mother.
83. I never tan, despite my best sunbathing efforts. i had a melanoma removed from my arm at 23. My tans will now always have to come from a bottle.
84. I love afternoon tea.
85. I am in hot pursuit of a Chanel 5.55. It is forever on my wish list.
86. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.
87. I have a canny trick of remember lyrics to songs, and will know all the words after listening to a song only a few times.
88. I want to be BFFs with Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon.
89. I took ballroom dancing lessons when I was younger, I critique Dancing with the Stars and Strictly Come Dancing like no one else.
90. I truly believe that positive thinking results in a positive outcome.
91. My favorite pieces of jewelry is my engagement ring and a Tiffany pendant given to me by my family on my 21st birthday.
92. I think Uggs are the ugliest shoes ever made and there will never be a situation outside the home for which they are appropriate.
93. I dream of diving across America Thelma and Louise style, minus the cliff.
94. I have a huge fear of anything “Zombie” including the movies – that could really happen guys!
95. I love decorating for each and every holiday and being festive. Looking forward to the next holiday keeps things fun.
96. I make really, really good soups.
97. I hate the dentist.
98. High school was not the best years of my life and I have no desire to go back for any reason. Although I would go back to school from ages 6-11, that time was great.
99. My favorite girly movies are Sweet Home Alabama and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
100. I love facts!